Monday, March 7, 2011

It’s About More Than That

    I've realized that I do something. I have a tendency to get these big ideas (for writing) and they all revolve around "love". There are the few that don't. I realize now why the first manuscript I finished was the one for Sacred Terra. It was of course because that story, though love is in it, it's not the focus. There was something else that I wanted to say. Something that ranked itself above having a relationship. I think maybe that's why I loved The Host by Stephenie Meyer so much more than her entire Twilight series. In the end The Host stood for something other than just a relationship. It's also why I'm going to stick with my new idea. The most recent one. I've only really told one person about it. One person that's in on the details and like me this person has sat on the sidelines for most of the focus of the book. I wrote down the idea because I had a feeling. I was very attracted or attached to a person and this person and my situation with them inspired an idea however that attraction has ceased and now all I'm left with is the facts. I can see them there…not on the page yet but forming. This story is about more than love. It's about the people. So many people and so many differences and yet they're all connected in one large circle. I may come out of this hated. That's okay, I'm looking for an out anyway.

    Sometimes life gives you a lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment