Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mama?

    This blog might be somewhat depressing. I was just watching "Medium" and it was a season finale of…bizarre and strange topics as "Medium" often has. However, there was one small topic , that of the relationship between a mother and her daughter, that hit me somewhat sorely.

    My parents got divorced when I was in junior high. After the divorce was final my mom sold our house and decided to move to Victoria with her new husband. Since my dad had no house to live in, I couldn't exactly live with him so I moved in with my grandparents so that I wouldn't have to start school in a brand new town (though considering the way some relationships turned out I have to wonder what kind of "friendships" I would have made somewhere else—But I have absolutely no regrets about staying in E-E. After all, it's not every cast in Texas that makes it to State OAP). High school was a fun time for me though to be quite honest; my grandmother wasn't necessarily the best person to enforce stability into my life. I got away with sleeping in late and sometimes staying home the entire day and it wasn't necessarily something I should have been doing. I figure it was my small way of rebelling even though it wasn't much of a rebellion.

    My dad was around but not every day seeing as I didn't live with him. And after some time, the fact that my mother didn't come around as often as she said she would or called as often as she said she would began to affect me though not visibly. I never spoke about how much it bothered me. I finally spoke with my mom about it and we cried on the phone for several long hours and after that I expected things to change. But they didn't. I love my mom. She's my mom. I only get one. But sometimes I can't help but feel that I've missed out on something not having her there with me those four years of high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment