Friday, May 7, 2010

Sacred Terra: Awaken the Sage


    I've written a book. A novel. A story. It's…probably crap but I like it so that's all that really matters. My friend Isabel likes it too which makes me happy. My story's about a girl who moves to a new town only to find that the friends she makes seem very familiar for people she's never met. And then she finds out that the reason they seem familiar is because she's actually some sacred being from a hidden realm here on Earth where people actually take care of the planet. Now she has to face the choice of going back and helping them fight some big evil or be selfish and stay put and watch the world slowly decay.

    It's…not your everyday story. It's got some love and action and adventure. And some friendship too.

    I think the one thing I'm worried about is making copies of the manuscript for some of my family and friends. The problem with that is wondering whether they'll actually read it. Some of these friends and family…well I guess you could say have never really taken an interest in what I can do. I mean, sure, they came to watch my plays but that's sitting in a darkened room catching a show. That's easy to do unless the shows were bad and luckily for me, they weren't. But handing someone a 170 page manuscript and expecting them to actually read it is a bit of a…risk.

    Isabel read it but because she'd been reading it since the very beginning. From the moment I first had a few pages long enough to really mean anything she read it. And she's stuck with the story and loves it apparently. She loved the un-edited version where everything was all mismatched and contradicting itself.

    I guess the only thing I can do is have faith but I'm thinking about just making two or three copies and LENDING them out. We'll see what happens. 'Til then here's a small teaser for those of you who do genuinely want to read it and who read my blog. It's not much but it's a picture which is the only one that people will see when it comes to my novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment